- One-on-one tutoring slots are available to PS 154 students.
- We offer packs of 10 weekly 30- or 45-minute sessions.
- The fee is $350 for 30 minutes; $475 for 45 minutes.
- By registering, you are committing to 10 weekly sessions.
- You may re-enroll at the end of 10 weeks.
- Children already enrolled in extended day will be pulled from homework help or recess to attend their tutoring sessions.
- Students who are only enrolled in tutoring must be picked up from school at 2:40 pm and return to after school at their designated tutoring time.
- If you would like for your child to receive care before or after the lesson, please sign up for a club directly before the tutoring time or for our extended day program or schedule a drop-in on the same day as the tutoring session.
- Please email Heather Swain (firstname.lastname@example.org) for available time slots and teachers.
Why can’t I choose my child’s teacher and time slot for tutoring?
In order to most efficiently schedule the lessons for our instructors, the after school staff will schedule all lessons then send you a confirmation with your child’s time and teacher’s name. We will take into account extended day homework help and/or enrichment clubs your child may already be registered for when scheduling tutoring.
Can I request a certain teacher or time slot for tutoring?
Sure! But it might not be available.
How can I find out which instructors have openings on which days?
Please email Heather directly for the most updated instructor info.
Do I need to pick up my child from school before his or her session?
Unless your child is already registered for our extended day program on his or her tutoring day, you must pick up your child at 2:40pm and return to school for the tutoring time slot. For example, if your child’s session is schedule at 4:00pm you must pick up at 2:40 pm and return from 4:00 – 4:30 pm. Parents or caregivers may stay at school during the lesson.
Can my child stay at the after school when his or her session is over?
You must pick up at the end of the private session unless your child is registered for extended day as as drop-in on the day of his or her session.
What if I need to cancel a session my child is scheduled to attend?
Please notify Heather (email@example.com) at least 24 hours prior to cancellation so we can reschedule your child’s session. If less than 24 hours notice is given, the instructor will be paid for the lesson that day and will have discretion whether to reschedule with the family or not.
What if I need care for my child before or after her or his session?
Please sign up for extended day or a schedule a drop-in on the day of your child’s lesson to receive care continuously from 2:40 – 6:00pm.
Can my child attend an enrichment club and tutoring on the same day?
Yes! If your child is registered for a session 1 club, s/he will join the extended day program for snack and recess fro 2:40 – 3:00, then attend session 1 club from 3:00 – 4:30, then the tutoring session. You would need to pick up your child at the end of the session.
Who should I contact with additional questions?
Please email Heather with additional questions.