The Windsor Terrace School, located in the Windsor Terrace section of Brooklyn, is a small community school serving a culturally diverse population of approximately 540 students in Kindergarten through Fifth Grade
PS 154 Community Code
At PS 154, we are a caring school community that helps each other to be the best that we can be.
- We treat each other with kindness and respect.
- We are careful with each others’ bodies and feelings.
- We ask for help when we’re not sure what to do.
- We take good care of our school and everything in it.
- We are honest and fair and always try to do our best.
PS 154 is a collaborative community that is committed to inspiring curiosity, integrity, independence and academic excellence in our children. We do this by encouraging exploration across all areas of study and the engagement of the cultural institutions of New York City.
Our children are:
- Intellectually curious
- Critical thinkers
- Responsible citizens
Keys to Realizing our Mission
- Collaboration is at the very heart of our mission. We believe that every member of our community, whether it is a staff member, a student, a parent, or a CBO has something positive to contribute to our children’s education. We draw upon the school community’s varied backgrounds to provide for a rich context for learning about each other and the world. By working together and by tapping into the strengths of our community, we can create a synergy that has a lasting impact on our children.
- At PS 154, building confidence in oneself is the first step a student takes on his/her path to achieving academic and personal excellence. We are driven to provide our children with opportunities to ask questions, challenge ideas and pursue their individual interests. Because our children are multi-faceted scholars, we emphasize the importance of all academic disciplines. We know that children experience success at different times in their lives, and in different areas of study.
- We understand that academics are only one piece in our children’s complex lives and, therefore, we are also committed to supporting our children’s social, emotional and physical needs. It is critical that we impart the knowledge that our children need to be healthy in both mind and body.
- Often times, a classroom is an insufficient vehicle to providing the richest learning experience for our children. We are committed to the using the resources around us, such as Prospect Park, the Brooklyn Museum and the Brooklyn Botanic Garden to enhance our children’s learning experiences.
- Candidness/Authenticity – we are open and clear when we communicate
- Diversity – we are accepting of others everywhere we are
- Kindness – we are kind to each other
- Hard Work and Risk Taking – we improve ourselves by working hard, taking smart risks and by relentlessly pursuing our interests
- Reflection – we learn from our mistakes and our successes
- Service – we give back to the community