No school on Monday, September 12, 2016
Please check our school calendar for what’s going on next week and going forward.
Day 3: Tuesday, September 13th and Onward
- It is important for the safety of all that parents/families drop off your child(ren) without entering the building. If you need to speak with your child’s teacher or drop something off, you must sign in with the security agent and proceed to the main office.
- The Windsor Place school yard entrance is open from 8:10am until 8:18am for upper grade students.
- The Sherman Street school yard entrance is open from 7:40am (for breakfast) and closes promptly at 8:20am. Students arriving into the building after 8:20am will be marked late and must enter through the main entrance on 11th Ave.
- Main Entrance opens at 8:20am.
- Arrival & Dismissal remains the same rain or shine: 2:30pm for K students; 2:40pm for 1st – 5th grades
Arrival: It is important for the safety of all that parents/families drop off your child(ren) without entering the building.
- Kindergarten students will enter the school from the Sherman Street school yard entrance. Each Kindergarten class sits at their assigned table. K students are greeted by their teachers in the lunchroom at their designated tables beginning at 8:10am. Teachers will walk the students up to their classrooms promptly at 8:20am.
Dismissal (Same as Day 2):
- Kindergarten students are picked up at 2:30pm from the cafeteria. Parents/Caretakers wait by the Sherman Street door until all Kindergarten classes are seated, at which time school staff will open the door and parents/caretakers may go inside to pick up their children. Your child will then shake his or her teacher’s hand to let her know that they are leaving with an approved guardian.
- After receiving your child, you must exit the cafeteria from the Windsor Street door. Reminder: The school yard is closed until 2:40pm.
1st – 5th Grade
- At 8:10am, if your child is not already inside, when the bell rings, children will make their way into the lunchroom via the school yard,saying goodbye to parents at the door.
- K-2 children sit at their lunch tables, grades 3-5 go to the MMR.
- 1st through 5th grade students wait at their designated spots before they are dismissed to their classrooms at 8:18am and the school day begins.
- Grades 1 – 3 will be dismissed in the school yard from their line spots.
- Grade 4 will be dismissed through the front door and will line up in front of the school on the Sherman Street corner.
- Grade 5will be dismissed through the front door and will line up in front of the school on the Windsor Place corner.
- Please do not pick up your child (ren) until they are at their line spots and make sure your teachers know they are leaving.