Registration & Tours
PS 154 School Tours are given between October and January during the school year. Check out our school calendar for tour dates here. You must contact our Parent Coordinator, Debby Wattenbarger, at 718-768-0057 or email to sign up for a tour in advance.
General information about our school can be found here: FAQs 16-17
Please note, we do not have a Pre K class in our school.
We ONLY accept children from within our zone. You can reference the 2017 Brooklyn Directory for information on the Standard Admissions Priorities for Zoned Schools.
You may be in our neighborhood, but still out of zone. You can check your address on the NYC DOE School Search page.
*Please note hours for ALL registration activities at the school are from 9AM – 11AM.
K Admissions for the 2017 – 18 School Year
The application period for kindergarten admissions for the 2017-18 school year begins November 30th. Registration is on-line or directly through the district enrollment office. PS 154 does not handle the initial registration. For general enrollment questions, please call 718-935-2009 or visit a Family Welcome Center. Elementary school directories, organized by borough, are available online.
November 30 – January 13: Kindergarten Application Period
March: Assignment Notification Period
April: Pre-registration Period
For registration, you must bring your child and the following documents to our main office:
>Proof of residence. Any two of the following documents (None of the documents listed below will suffice alone):
- A residential utility bill (gas or electric) in the resident’s name issued by a utility company (e.g., National Grid or Con Edison); must be dated within the past 60 days
- a bill for cable television services provided to the residence; must include the name of the parent and address of the residence and be dated within the past 60 days.
- Documentation or letter on letterhead from a federal, state or local government agency, including the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), City Housing Authority, Human Resources Administration (HRA), the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS), or an ACS subcontractor indicating the resident’s name and address; must be dated within the past 60 days
- Income Tax Form for the last calendar year
- An original lease agreement, deed, or mortgage statement for the residence
- Rent receipt which includes the address of residence; must be dated within the past 60 days
- A current property tax bill for the residence
- A water bill for the residence; must be dated within the past 60 days
- Official payroll documentation from an employer such as a form submitted for tax withholding purposes or payroll receipt (a letter on the employer’s letterhead will not be accepted); must be dated within the past 60 days
- Driver's Lincense or Learner's Permit (that has not expired)
- State, city or other government issued identification (including IDNYC card); which has not expired and includes the address of the residence
- Voter Registration documents, which include the name of the parent AND the address of residence
- Unexpired Membership Documents based upon residency (e.g., neighborhood residents' association), which include the name of the parent AND the address of the residence
- Evidence of Custody of the Child, including but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers; documents must have been issued within the past 60 days and include name of student AND address of residence
>Child’s birth certificate or passport
>Child’s immunization records
>Child’s latest report card/transcript (if available)
>Child’s Individualized Education Program (IEP) and/or 504 Accommodation Plan (if applicable and available)
For more information, please see NYC DOE Elementary Admissions